1. On the iPhone where all your photos are currently stored, open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name at the top of the Settings screen to open your Apple ID profile.
3. Tap the “iCloud” option on your profile. On this next page, you’ll see a reading of how much iCloud storage space you’re using, and a list of apps that are storing data in iCloud.
4. Tap “Photos,” which should be at the top of the apps list.
5. Make sure that the button next to “iCloud Photos” is enabled.
If you don’t have enough iCloud storage to save all of your photos and videos, you’ll need to purchase more. You can see how much each iCloud storage plan costs, and how to enable them, in our article, “ How to buy more iCloud storage for your iPhone, and what you’ll pay for each plan.”
Once you’ve enabled iCloud Photo backups, all of your photos will be saved to your Apple ID account.
Now, to transfer photos, on on your new phone:
1. Turn on your new iPhone and go through the basic setup instructions until you reach the “Apps & Data” page.
2. On this page, select “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
3. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID information.
4. You’ll be presented with a list of all your backups. Choose the iCloud backup that contains all the photos you want (usually the most recent one).
5. It may take a few minutes, but all of your photos, videos, and other backed-up content will be transferred to your new iPhone.