1. Open the Steam application.
2. Select Steam in the top-left corner of the screen, and then from the dropdown menu, select “Settings” if you’re on PC, or “Preferences” if you’re on a Mac.
3. Select “Family” from the settings menu. Here Steam will show you what other users have logged into Steam on the same computer.
4. Check the box that reads “Allow Library Sharing on this computer,” and check the users you’d like to share with. Both users need to agree to this, and you can deauthorize accounts from this same menu. Once you’ve done this, you can share a game library with anyone who uses that computer.
It’s also possible to share a library between different computers, meaning that you can share a game with someone halfway across the world. However, still only one person will be able to play at a time from a shared library.
1. On your computer, log into the account that you want to share games from.
2. Once you’ve logged in, log out and back into your own account.
3. Once again, go into your Family settings and check the box that reads “Allow Library Sharing on this computer.”
4. Steam will acknowledge that the other account has been used on your computer, and make it available for family sharing, giving you access to its game library.
Whoever you’re sharing with can then log into your account on their computer and do the same thing, meaning they’ll have access to your game library as well. You can do this on up to 10 different computers