- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into
- 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 serving: 389 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Top with garlic, lemon zest, thyme, salt and pepper. Place chicken over top. Add 1-3/4 cups broth and bay leaves.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°. Press cancel.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Discard bay leaves. In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining 1/4 cup broth until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Return chicken to pressure cooker; heat through. Sprinkle servings with parsley.