1. Launch your preferred browser and go to https://www.google.com/flights.
2. Enter in all the required fields (passengers, roundtrip/one-way, seating class, departure city, destination city, and travel dates).
3. Click Search.
4. Google Flights will then generate the cheapest departure flights first, with its recommended flights at the top. You can specify based on time of day, stops, number of bags, price, and connecting airports by using the dropdown menus near the top.
5. Select the departure flights that best fit your needs.
6. Next, select a return flight. You can alter specifications at this step, too, by using the dropdown menus near the top.
7. Now that you’ve selected the flights for your trip, Google Flights will give you an option to book them. Under “Booking Options” select the option best fit for your needs. Once you choose a booking option, Google Flights will take you to the airline’s third-party website to complete, or if the airline is partnered with Google, you can select “Book on Google” without leaving the page.
How to track and manage a flight with Google Flights on desktop
If you went through the process of finding a flight with Google Flights but don’t want to book right away because of cost or your trip is still weeks away, Google gives you the option to track the flight’s price, periodically sending you an email whenever the price goes up or down.
1. Follow the steps for “How to find a flight using Google Flights” above before continuing.
2. Under the total price near the top of the screen, select “Track Prices” — after selecting, Google will periodically send an email to your Gmail account whenever the price goes up or down.
3. To manage your tracked flights, first go to https://www.google.com/flights.
4. Under the Google Flights search area, you will see a sub-section titled “Tracked Prices.” To the right, select “View All” to manage your tracked flights.
5. Next, scroll to find the tracked flight you wish to manage. Here you can delete the tracked flight by selecting the trash icon, turn off notifications by selecting the bell icon, or see booking options for the flight.