- aluminum foil
- 2 cups gingerbread cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
Prep: 30 m Cook: 1 h Ready In: 6 h 30 m
Per Serving: 359 calories; 25.8 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 204 mg sodium.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the outside of the springform pan 3 to 4 times with aluminum foil.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter together until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into the prepared springform pan until bottom is evenly covered.
- Combine cream cheese and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add molasses, lemon juice, vanilla extract, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt; mix until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating briefly after each addition until just combined. Pour batter over the crust in the pan. Tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the springform pan into a larger baking pan, and fill the baking pan with 1 inch hot water, making sure no water gets into the cheesecake batter.
- Bake in the water bath in the preheated oven until the edges of the cheesecake are set and the middle jiggles slightly, about 1 hour. Turn off the oven without removing the cheesecake, leaving it inside until cooled, 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and water bath. Run the tip of a table knife around the edges of the springform pan before removing to a serving platter. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt for the cinnamon whipped cream in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; do not overmix.
- Top cheesecake with whipped cream just before serving.