1. Open up “System Preferences.” You can do this by clicking the “System Preferences” icon on the toolbar (it looks like a gray box with a gear inside of it) or by selecting the Apple icon in the top left corner and then hitting “System Preferences…”
2. Select the “General” icon. It should be in the top or second row, depending on your macOS version.
3. Choose the option that you want from the “Appearance” menu.
- “Light” uses the light appearance.
- “Dark” activates Dark Mode.
- “Auto” activates light mode during the day and Dark Mode at night. Note that the “Auto” selection is only available for macOS Catalina.
When you click one, it will activate immediately to show you what it looks like. Feel free to switch between them as much as you want.