- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup white hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- crushed tortilla chips
- sliced avocado
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- chopped green onions
Prep: 20mins Cook: 20mins Total: 40mins Servings: 8
Step 1: In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 2: Stir in corn, hominy, chiles, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top with crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheese, and chopped green onion.
Per Serving:377 calories; 19.1 g total fat; 46 mg cholesterol; 943 mg sodium. 30.9 g carbohydrates; 23.1 g protein