The Nintendo Switch deals we know of so far for Black Friday 2019
Gamestop will offer a $25 gift coupon with the 2017 Nintendo Switch and a free of Mario Kart 8 deluxe on Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29 only.
Best Buy is offering the same Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 bundle for $299.99 (this deal is currently live), though in light of Gamestop’s gift coupon, we may see a little competition come forth from Best Buy day-of.
Likewise, Kohl’s will be offering a package with what we think could be the latest Nintendo Switch plus a carrying case and a controller for $319.99 from November 25 to 29, but with the additional incentive of $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 you spend (which means you’ll get a total of $90 in Kohl’s Cash to use on future purchases). We’ll know for sure which generation it is when the deal goes live, but it’s not currently on Kohl’s website — it’s only in their Black Friday ad. Either way, this may be the best deal we’ll see for all of Black Friday given the $90 Kohl’s Cash incentive.
Gamestop will also be offering the Nintendo Switch Lite with a $25 gift coupon, which we didn’t expect considering how new the console is. The only catch is that the deal will only be available on Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1 only.
Stay tuned for more.
The best current Nintendo Switch deals
- Target is currently offering discounts on select Nintendo Switch games
- Twelve-month Switch Online subscription, available at Target for $15
Other Black Friday Nintendo Switch game and accessory deals we know of
- Super Mario Odyssey, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Super Mario Party, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, $39.99 (originally $59.99)[you save $20]
- Splatoon 2, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze, $39.99 (originally $59.99)[you save $20]
- Mario Tennis Aces, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Kirby Star Allies, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Octopath Traveler, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Pair of Joy-Con controllers (Gray or Neon Red & Neon Blue), $59.99 (originally $79.99) [you save $20]
- Poké Ball Plus accessory, $19.99 (originally $49.99) [you save $30] [deal begins November 28]
Will the newest Nintendo Switch go on sale for Black Friday?
Though Nintendo released a new iteration of the Switch in 2019, most deals on the Nintendo Switch will be an older model (that is, the same 2017 model that was on offer last year). This is likely because Nintendo has too much surplus stock of the old model. The only real difference is that the older model has a slightly shorter battery life than the newer 2019 model, but it can be hard to tell the difference between the two.
If you are only after the 2019 model, you’ll want to look for model number HAC-001(-01), and also check the serial number, which should start with “XKW.”
We’ll update you as soon as we find out if the newer model of the Nintendo Switch will be on sale.
What Nintendo Switch games will be on sale for Black Friday?
So far, according to a press release from Nintendo, several Mario games, as well as The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Splatoon 2, Octopath Traveler, and more will be on sale at several major retailers starting November 27. We’ll probably see a lot more deals as Black Friday grows closer.
Will the Nintendo Switch price drop in 2019?
Judging from what we’ve seen since last year, probably not until a new model is released with even better battery life, but rumors abound of a Switch 2 to be released soon.